Watch a short demonstration of BluPoint technology, with Founding Director Prof. Mike Santer. See how BluPoint empowers not only smart devices but low-end phones and even FM radios.
The demonstration focuses on five key principles the BluPoint solution is founded on:
- The content will work on devices that people have in their pockets.Even devices which don’t support Internet connectivity. Today, in sub-Saharan Africa seventy-seven percent of mobile devices are basic phones, unable to browse the internet. BluPoint bridges this digital divide. It allows even basic phones to display digital content.
- BluPoint will work even in areas where the Internet doesn’t exist.BluPoint takes a slice of the Internet, as chosen by our customers, and offlines it onto BluPoint hubs. Deployed as a single hub, or a collection of hubs that form a wireless network.
- BluPoint hubs will work in areas with intermittent or no electricity.The efficient hubs can be solar powered or run off other renewable sources. A car battery will even power a hub. This enables easy mobility, hubs can travel to the remotest communities.
- The digital content on the hub will be completely free at the point of use.Anyone can access, browse and download the content with no charge. Removing barriers caused by expensive data and broadband. BluPoint hubs are faster than mobile providers, delivering multimedia content faster than 4G.
- Content on the hubs is safe, secure and focused.BluPoint hubs deliver a walled garden of content, focused to the needs of the community. This increase’s focus with limited resources to browse. Users will not be subject to harmful content or marketing agendas.
The demonstration continues to show a smart phone, basic phone, and FM Radio receiving the same media file through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and FM Radio.
Want to learn more about BluPoint? Please feel free to get in touch.